God’s love story includes the perfect life, death, resurrection, and promised return of Jesus. Jesus’ love is a miracle—a miracle we celebrate with our community each Christmas.
Equipping the families in your program with meaningful activities to create together is a wonderful way to support and encourage them this holiday season. Included below is a variety of suggestions for you to share directly with the families you serve. There are many specific craft projects that should provide several options to choose from.
The imagination and creative energy that God has given to us all is a wonder to behold. Thank you for taking the time to share these creative opportunities. May they be a blessing to the families you serve and help deepen their relationships with our loving God.
Angels brought the good news of Jesus’ birth and families can create their very own angels to share it as well.
- December is a time when people often need encouragement. Use this fun craft to encourage the children you teach and to help them encourage others.
- Using only a few supplies, you can make these angels out of cupcake liners. Grab the instructions here.
- You’ll want to download this craft because kids of all ages will love making these simple foam cup angels.
- These special clothespin angels can stay with kids wherever they go as a small reminder of the loving miracle of Jesus’ birth.
- Here is another angel craft that kids can easily make! They can use these angels to sing Christmas carols or while they are learning about the story of Jesus’ birth.
- Paper bag angels are a fun craft that kids can make and decorate by themselves.
- These sparkly clothespin angels are easy to make and can be used as ornaments, place settings, gift tags, and so much more! Here are the directions.
Nativity Scene Crafts
Kids will enjoy celebrating the newborn King with these great ideas.
- Children will enjoy using this special craft to retell the story of Jesus’ birth. Here are the instructions.
- This stained glass nativity is a wonderful Christmas craft that is easy to make and looks great hanging in a window or on a Christmas tree!
- This nativity craft is made out of simple shapes so it is easy for young kids to make. Everyone in the family can create their own and display on windows and mirrors throughout the house.
- The wise men are an important part of the Christmas story. Don’t forget about them with this fun popsicle stick craft.
- Check out this fun shepherd craft that doesn’t take many supplies and looks awesome when it’s done.
- Kids can create a manger to remind them of the one baby Jesus was placed in with this simple craft.
- Fingerprint crafts are always fun! And what could be better than creating a manger with your own fingerprints? Here are the instructions. This would be a fun craft for all ages and multi-generational.
- Here is another handprint craft that features Jesus in a manger. Kids will have fun making this craft while being reminded of how Jesus entered our world.
All of the above craft ideas can be easily shared with your community. Simply cut and paste your favorites and send via email, or text, to the families that you serve.
Or, you might want to choose a few and host an angel or nativity-themed event at your church. Gather all of the supplies needed and serve simple snacks as your families work together to celebrate the incredible gift of Jesus this Christmas.
The work that you do is so important and matters. Thank you for everything you do!
More Christmas Articles You Make Like!
- Connected Christmas: Intentionally Equipping Families This Christmas Season
- 10 Easy Ways to Engage Families this Christmas
- Ideas from Ministry Leaders for Christmas During COVID
- 5 Ways to Simplify and Encourage Families this Christmas
- 25 Christmas Outreach Ideas You’ll Actually Want to Do with Kids
- 43 Colorful Christmas Crafts to Celebrate Jesus’ Birth
- What Child Is This? Exploring the Wonder of Advent with KIDStory
- 6 Unexpected Advent Bible Facts and How They Share Truth
- 10 Simple Advent Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Classroom Beautiful
- How to Lead Your Kids’ Ministry Through a Beautiful Advent
- Sharing God’s Wonder Through Service at Christmastime