Valentine’s Day is coming up, and love is in the air!
Help kids remember that Valentine’s Day is not just about Cupid and chocolate, it is also a time to remember how awesomely our God loves us … and to love Him back!
Here are some fun, easy crafts to get your classroom ready for the holiday!
You can’t go wrong with a heart-shaped craft for Valentine’s Day!
- “A happy heart makes the face cheerful” Proverbs 15:13. Create this fun craft to remind kids about love and cheerfulness!
- This heart-shaped Valentine is fun to make and looks adorable when it’s finished! All you need is paper, yarn, and glue.
- With only a few supplies, these Valentine’s heart necklaces are a fun craft that your kids can keep for themselves and give to someone they love!
- “Create in me a pure heart!” Make this plaque with your students to remind them to ask for pure hearts!
- This activity is a great way to get your children’s ministry involved with your congregation! Kids will not only feel the love of Jesus but of each member of the congregation with these prayer hearts.
- When kids look at their heart magnets, they can remember how much Jesus loves them! Here are the instructions for this simple heart magnet.
- “This is love for God: to obey his commands.” 1 John 5:3. Show kids how they can love God with this heart hanger craft.
- Help kids understand Jesus’ love by creating a sun catcher that also reminds them that He is the light of the world! Here are the instructions.
- A yarn wrapped heart is a creative way to decorate a heart and learn about God’s love!
- A caring heart is something that all kids can have! Make these fun headbands so your kids can wear them all day long on Valentine’s Day.
Try making these cards with your students so they can give them as Valentine’s to others!
- Recycle greeting cards in a unique way that says “I love you!”
- “For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son …” Help kids never forget this with a card they can make and keep forever!
- This easy-to-make card is a great way for kids to tell those they love that God loves them too!
- This is a very special poem that parents and loved ones will treasure from their little ones!
- Make this crafty marble Valentine with your students. Each kid can personalize it just how they want!
God’s Love Crafts
Valentine’s Day is not only about showing friends and family how much you love them, it’s also a time to remember how much God loves YOU!
These crafts can help you show your kiddos just how great that love is.
- 1 Corinthians 13 is a perfect verse to show God’s love to your kids. This bookmark is a way they can always have the verse at their fingertips.
- These beaded rings with a corresponding lesson teach kids that they show God’s love when they are kind to their family and forgive them.
- A cross with “God’s Love” written on it is a great way to help kids understand and always remember that God’s love is unconditional.
- Use this flower garden activity to show kids that God cares for everything He has made.
- This love rainbow craft helps steer kids’ minds toward loving people rather than things!
- Here is a cute bookmark that helps kids remember that they love Jesus because He first loved them.
- Scripture Valentines can be made before class and given to your students, or you can make them with students so they can give them away! Here are some printables to make it easy.
- This love medallion gives kids an opportunity to show those they care about how much they love them.
- Make these memory verse posters with your kids while you talk to them about God’s incredible love!
- Make this paper people banner with you class to show your students that Jesus loves His children!
- Smile, God loves you! Try making this smiley face door hanger with your kids so they will be reminded of God’s love for them!
Paper Plate Crafts
Paper plates are easy to find, and they make awesome crafts! Here are some simple crafts that kids will love making.
- These paper plate sun-catchers are simple enough to be made by toddlers and pretty enough to be enjoyed by adults!
- Here is an easy, colorful yarn craft that takes minimal supplies and can be made by any age group.
- A Valentine’s heart wreath is an adorable craft to make with your kids! Option: Have your students write some of their favorite Bible verses about love, people they love, or reasons that they love Jesus on each of the hearts before they glue them to the plate.
- This threaded paper plate heart is a super fun craft to make that each kid can make exactly how they want!
Love Bug Crafts
What’s cuter than a Valentine’s Day love bug? Here are some adorable critters that help spread the love!
- This love bug craft lets kids write a cute hidden message for their friend, mom, dad, or even you! Encourage them to write a nice note or a Bible verse that expresses God’s love.
- Love butterflies are something that kids can make to give to their loved ones or keep for themselves to be reminded of God’s eternal love!
- Kids can go out and find their own pine cones or use pine cones you provide to make these fun love bugs!
- Pom pom monsters are an adorable Valentine that are easy to make and kids will love to play with them after they are made.
- Another cute butterfly craft! This craft is simple to make but will turn out fun and full of love.
- Save toilet paper rolls for a few weeks, and you will have the main supply needed for this fun love bug craft!
- Love bug magnets can be used to stick on the fridge or to give as Valentines to loved ones! You can find the directions here.
If you’re up for a little mess, these painting crafts are so fun to make!
- These hand print trees are so cute! Loved ones will cherish the personal touch in this Valentine.
- Another fun finger painting craft! Use thick paper and stencils for a bigger class and kids will love to bring their craft home for display.
- This might seem like a messy craft, but everything is contained in a bucket, which means adults can enjoy it as much as the kids! Get the instructions here.
- A craft and a snack all in one? Try this edible bread paint and let kids’ creativity come out!
- Here is another no-mess painting activity that lets kids get out some wiggles while creating a fun craft.